Thank you for choosing to adopt a rescue animal. Adopting a rescue animal is one of the most fulfilling things a person can do. A rescue animal becomes an integral part of your family, who will give you unconditional love for the rest of their lives.
Below are the requirements and process to adopt an animal through the Vegas Pet Rescue Project.
- Proof that you’re at least 18 years of age.
- A picture ID with current address.
- If this is not available, a picture ID with proof of current address (e.g. utility bill).
- Proof of income.
- Companion animals are a financial commitment.
- Proof of home ownership or approval to own a pet from your landlord/building management.
- Phone Interview, Home Check, & Meet and Greet
- Once you have filled out the online adoption form, if approved, a member from the Vegas Pet Rescue Project will reach out to you to set up a phone interview, followed by a home check, and if all goes well, then a meet and greet with the rescue animal.
- Only approved applications will receive communication from Vegas Pet Rescue Project. Unfortunately, we are a network of volunteers and we cannot get to every single submitted application.
- Completing a home check and a meet and greet does not necessarily mean approval for adoption. We will complete several home checks and meet and greets per rescue animal to ensure that the animal is being placed in the right home. At the end of the day, we must do what is best for the rescue animal and pick the home that will be the best fit.
- Trial Adoption
- Once you are approved for adoption, an adoption contract will be submitted along with the adoption donation. At that time a two-week trial adoption begins.
- The adoption donation helps cover the expense of raising and caring for the animal including, but not limited to, food, supplies, medical care, spay/neuter, micro-chipping, and vaccinations.
- The process for adoption may take several weeks in order to ensure that the best fit is found for each rescue animal.
- If for any reason you are no longer able to keep the rescue animal, you must return the animal to Vegas Pet Rescue Project. The adoption donation is non-refundable.
- We do not adopt out animals as “gifts”. If you want to “gift” a rescue animal, you may pay the adoption fee and the intended recipient must fill out the application form and go through the application process.